Longer, fuller lashes no longer have to be something you’re born with. With eyelash extensions now mainstream, get the lashes you’ve always dreamed of!
Enhancing the length, curl, color, and thickness of natural eyelashes.
Applied strand by strand, lash extensions are the perfect option for anyone looking to make their makeup routine simpler. Lash extensions are a semi-permanent application of individual or fan lashes attached to your natural eyelash to create a thicker, fuller more natural eye appearance. In this aesthetic eye treatment, lashes are customized depending on the natural shape of the eye and what the client prefers.
Follow these guidelines to help keep your eyelash extensions looking beautiful.
• Be gentle with your new lashes, refrain from touching or rubbing them. The golden rule is: look but don’t touch.
• Avoid swimming, steam rooms, saunas, or extreme heat for 48 hours after application.
• Do not use an eyelash curler on the lash extensions or try to perm or tint them. This will break the bond on the extensions and might damage your natural lashes.
• Do not use oil-based products (oil-based eye makeup, makeup remover, moisturizer, cleanser, sunscreen) on or near your lashes.
• Use products of non-oily, non-creamy formulas to remove eye makeup (Extend® gentle chamomile & aloe cleanser is available for purchase here.) Oil-based makeup products will dissolve the adhesive on the eyelash extensions and will cause your extensions to fall out sooner than expected.
• Avoid rubbing your eyes roughly when cleaning your face and avoid running water directly on your lashes.
• Avoid sleeping face down to prevent pressing against your eyelashes.
• Be very careful when removing makeup in the eye area. Gently go over the eye area, sweep up and away from the lash extensions.
• Using mascara on eyelash extensions is not recommended. If you must wear mascara, only use water based mascara.
• Keep an eyelash comb handy to straighten out any loose, stray lashes. Comb them carefully and very gently only when needed.
• Do not pull on any loose extensions or you risk plucking out your natural eyelashes. Do not attempt to remove the lash extensions yourself; allow the extensions to fall off naturally or schedule an appointment to have them professionally removed.
• Maintain your lash extensions with regular touch-up appointments, please schedule in advance as availability can be limited.
Frequently Asked Questions
With proper care lashes can last up to three weeks. On average a lash extension set needs to have a fill every 2 weeks.
A special lash foaming cleanser should be used to wash your lashes twice a day. A lash brush helps keep your lashes looking beautiful. Oil based products should be avoided around the eye area as this can break down the lash bond.
No, when applied correctly, using quality products and by a certified lash technician, they do not damage your natural lash.
Lashes should not be pulled off to remove them. A certified lash technician, using special dissolving solution can remove your lashes. Pulling on lashes can also remove your natural lash.
You will no longer need to wear mascara because your eyelashes will look so full and thick that it will appear that you’re already
Most clients have to get their extensions replaced every two to three weeks.
If you are interested in getting a Lash Extension in Winnipeg, don’t hesitate to contact us today to schedule an appointment.
Get a luxurious lash look today at Advanced Aesthetics by Maria. Schedule your appointment today.