Mole Removal Treatments
Erase moles, age spots, skin tags, warts, and other benign lesions with our Cryotherapy treatments.
What is a mole on the skin?
Skin moles (a “nevus” or “nevi” are the medical terms) are growths on your skin that range in color from your natural skin tone to brown or black. Moles can appear anywhere on your skin or mucous membranes, alone or in groups. Most skin moles appear in early childhood and during the first 20 years of life.
Birthmarks and moles are common skin flaws that do not need medical treatment, but many people look for mole removal in the Winnipeg area because these skin abnormalities may be of aesthetic concern. Moles and birthmarks form because there is too much pigment in the skin or the cells themselves are abnormal and do not shed from the surface of the skin. At Advanced Aesthetics by Maria we offer professional mole removal treatments that are safe and effective. Our non-surgical procedures leave no scars and require no downtime. They help to change the color, texture and size of the mole or birthmark. You may need several treatments to achieve the desired results.
What is Cryotherapy?
Freezpen® & CryoProbe™ XP
World’s Best Non-Invasive Treatment For Removing Benign Skin Lesions. NO ANESTHESIA. NO DOWNTIME. NO SCARS.
How Freezpen® & CryoProbe™ XP Work
Cryotherapy is the controlled destruction of unwanted tissue by the precise
application of extreme cold (cryonecrosis). In FREEZPEN & CRYOPROBE XP Cryotherapy, a cryogenic gas called Nitrous Oxide (N2O) is applied to the lesion for a few seconds to freeze and destroy the affected skin cells. Today, cryotherapy is the gold standard for removal of skin lesions in dermatology and aesthetic practices.
1. Freezpen & CryoProble XP emit high-pressure N2O gas (-89 °C) that rapidly and precisely freezes the affected area, without damaging surrounding healthy tissue
2. Water in the lesion cells freezes rapidly, expands, and ruptures the cell membrane.
3. As a result of the treatment, the lesion is destroyed and gradually eliminated from the surface of the skin, until healing is completed within a couple of weeks.
Why Freezpen / CryoProbe XP?
• Simple & Effective
• Treats many skin conditions: sun spots, age spots, skin tags, warts, and other benign lesions.
• Safe – no cuts, no bleeding
• Minimal pain – no anesthetics needed
• Short treatment time
• No scars
• Licensed by Health Canada
Frequently Asked Questions
Cryotherapy is a non-invasive procedure that utilizes extreme cold to destroy unwanted tissue. In cryotherapy, skin growths are rapidly frozen and eliminated through a biological process called “cryo-necrosis”.
The rapid freezing rate of the FreezPen is based on The Joule-Thomson (JT) effect. This is a thermodynamic process that occurs when a fluid expands from high pressure to low pressure. FreezPen cryotherapy utilizes a cryogenic gas called Nitrous Oxide (N2O) which is compressed at 725 PSI (very high pressure). When nitrous oxide is released from the FreezPen as a jet of gas, it expands at -89°C and immediately freezes the affected lesion.
FreezPen cryotherapy is a non-invasive treatment that involves minimal discomfort and does not require anesthesia or stitches. FreezPen treatment has no downtime and it significantly reduces the risk of scars and other complications. Treatment is quick and does not require special post-op care.
FreezPen treats all types of common non-malignant skin lesions: sun spots, age spots, skin tags, warts, and other benign lesions. Please note that any types of malignant or suspicious growths need to be treated by a certified dermatologist.
Your lesion is expected to fall off 2-4 weeks after the treatment. Some lesions are more persistent and may take longer to disappear.
The treatment is comfortable, and doesn’t hurt. It feels like a light pinch. There is no need for local anesthesia.
Most lesions require one treatment. Large lesions, such as warts, may require 1-2 follow up treatments.
Immediately after. FreezPen treatments involve zero downtime.
Cryotherapy is the safest modality for the removal of unwanted skin growths. Since FreezPen & CryoProbe XP treatments are non-invasive and precise, the risk of scars and infections is significantly diminished when compared to other invasive treatments.
As many as you like. There is no limit on the number of lesions per session.
Yes, children are most commonly treated for warts and Molluscum Contagiosum. FreezPen cryotherapy is a tolerable modality suitable for both children and adults.
FreezPen treatment usually takes no more than a couple of minutes. The duration of the treatment mostly depends on the number of treated lesions.
Yes, FreezPen treatment is safe for everybody.
Generally, there is no post-treatment care regime and you may resume your daily activities immediately after the treatment. We do advise patients to apply healing ointments (such as Aquaphor) on the area of the treatment to speed up the healing process.
Although FreezPen cryotherapy is the safest treatment today for the removal of skin lesions, a few rare side effects may still occur. These side effects include:
• Pigmentation – Temporary pigmentation is rare but possible, because melanocytes are more susceptible to sub-zero temperatures. FreezPen minimizes the risk of collateral damage to healthy skin tissue, so the risk of pigmentation is minimized as well.
• Blisters – temporary blisters may appear in the lesion area due to fluids that are released from destroyed lesion cells.
• Hair loss – like melanocytes, hair follicles are more susceptible to sub-zero temperatures. Hair follicles in the treated area are more likely to be affected, thus hair may not grow back in the area of the lesion after cryotherapy.
Learn More About Mole Removal for Winnipeg Residents. Contact us today to schedule an appointment for an evaluation with one of our mole removal experts.